(Don't worry... I'm not being abused!!)
Okay, yesterday was pretty jammed packed for me. I woke up at 7 yesterday morning to go and audition for the play Annie. I was so nervous! I've been working on my singing and my monologue since February! When I got there... there where 70+ girls! Oh my gosh! All of them where so little! I felt like the Jolly Green Giant! We spent the first part of the morning learning a dance. When the true first audition came I was shaking. I was praying really hard begging my Father in heaven to calm my nervous. Luckily, my mom was praying too. When I was on stage the butterflies disappeared. I sang loud and proud, I think it was the best I've ever sounded! The judges where smiling and nodding! My monologue came, I did a monologue from Tarzan, and tried my hardest to sound like Jane. I got a few giggles, when I did the dance I only messed up once! And I just turned left instead of right! I was so happy. When me and my mom left the stage, my mom was crying saying how proud she was of me. It was so nice. When we looked and saw how many little girls where left we asked someone on the crew if we could go and grab a bite to eat, it was after all noon. We went to Panda Express and went back to the auditorium. We watched the last few girls audition. And than we waited for Call Back info. It felt like forever. When they came out, sure enough the fourth girl called, was me "#34, Brianna" I was so glad! I looked around and saw that I was the oldest/tallest girl left. When they lined us up shortest to tallest, I was THE TALLEST. It didn't help when the director said that some people may get eliminated because of height... eek!!! We learned how to sing Tomorrow, I was OK, But I knew I could of done better. After all of the "older girls" sang we traded places with the little itty bitty girls to learn a dance. THAT IS WHERE THOSE TOTALLY SEXY BRUISES CAME FROM! Have you ever had to spin and land on your right knee, followed by swinging forward to land on your left? We did, we did it over, and over again. I swear.. a lot of times. When we went on to do our dance, they once again lined us up shortest to tallest. When they but the shortest girl by everybody who was on the taller side. When she came by me I decide to make a joke out of it so I bent down and did a puppy dog face, the judges laughed so hard! The director said "Oh! Bonus point for you!" It was a lot of fun. I than did the dance the best I could. I was adding as much emotion and acting I could. I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE.After the dancing... more waiting... I was squeezing my poor mom's hand so hard. I was was think I was to tall to make it... my heart was banging in my ears. We waited for 15 minutes than they started to call the names of those who made it in. The list went on, my number and name where not coming. Than...
"#34, Brianna Lyman"
I smiled to much that my cheeks hurt! I don't know what part I have yet, they are going to have another audition for speaking parts, I will trying out to be Pepper, the meanest, oldest, and most important - THE TALLEST orphan!
Break a leg, right?

6 comments:
We are so proud of you. We will get you some knee pads before the practices!
Sweet! Way to go Bnana!!!
Yay rubber chicken! We will definitely come to see you in this!
Boston said that you made call backs! Congrats! I know that just try-outs were grueling, so I'm sure ADDING to that was a very long day! I dare say you have lots of LOOONG rehearsals ahead of you! Can't wait to see the show!
Thanks guys!
Good job #34 Brianna!
Post a Comment