Last night I was flipping through the channels when I found the title "Mermaid Girl, the last six months."
~Hmmm... okay.~
So I tune in. I find the sweetest girl named Shiloh. She was happy, sweet and different.. She was the Mermaid Girl. Her legs where together since she was born, but she didn't care! She said the sweetest things, like "It doesn't matter what you look like, because if you are beautiful inside, you are a star!" Or she would tell her mom "If I want to be a princess, I will be a princess- or and actress, I'll do it mom!" She was only ten and it seemed as if she was wiser then I was. She wasn't a super model, she really wasn't a princess... or a actress. She was Shiloh- the girl who was a little different- but she knew that didn't mean she couldn't do things that you or I can do. The simplest things like going downstairs was hard, her mom would put a piece of wide wood and she would slowly slide down onto the chair while sliding instead of saying
"Why me...? Why can't I just go down the stairs like a normal girl?"
She would giggle as slowly sliding saying "Look mom! It's like a slide!" More loud little girl giggles.
Earlier that night my Dad gave a Family Home Evening lesson on The Plan of Salvation. My dad said "When you are resorected you get a perfect body..."
It was a good lesson but... sadly I still wasn't quite getting it, it wasn't clicking!
Going back to Shiloh- She got sick... now for ten years this would happen many times but this time was different. The doctors said she probly wasn't going to make it... now that's enough to make this girl get teary eyed! She didn't make it and only lived to be ten-years-old. I shed a tear for her, and her family. Bless their hearts!
My mom who had come to the family room grabbed the remote and said "Gee, thanks for making me cry!" (Hmm, so loving.) We started to watch the news, when it clicked. Shiloh running to her mom- that's right RUNNING~JUMPING~DANCING~SKIPPING to her mom in heaven. I lost it. I bawled! I would think about it an hour later and cry some more. Not because I was sad she had passed on, but because God has made such a great plan for us. All we have to do is live right. That's it!
I get it now.

4 comments:
Yeah me and my sis brin watched it like 6 months ago haha Its so cute! I barely remeber it though
It was a very sweet show. Thanks for sharing your feelings.
some how my son found your blog when playing on the computer so WIERD! But it was fun to read your comments about the Mermaid Girl documentry,, the show was very touching. It is good to know young girls like you Brianna are being thoughtful about life and the gospel and how the two are connected. Yahoo! for awsome girls like you!!! Thank you for being a good example to my daughters and the other young girls in our ward!
Laurie Smith
Oh thanks so much! That really means a lot to me :]
Post a Comment